Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why Start a Blog?

Hello, Blog World. Why did I, yet another college student, choose to start a blog?

1. A small audience...
I don't aspire to have a large chunk of the World Wide Web keeping tabs on my blog. Instead, I want to use this as another form of communication to those Millsaps friends I'll miss over the summer, that boyfriend who's moving to St. Louis, that close friend who's living in Malawi for six weeks, those parents who don't see me as often during the school year, and those few best high school friends who live in Jonesboro, Arkansas.

2. Everything I write is graded...
That's right. As a college student, I'm graded on everything I write. As a Millsaps College student, I feel like I'm almost scrutinized on everything I write. My blog will not be placed under a microscope and won't follow a prompt that rarely holds my interest. I can write whatever I want!

3. A creative outlet...
Often in the midst of school work, I want to take a break that does not involve creeping on Facebook. This blog can serve as that 30 minute break from biology and chemistry.

4. Everybody else is doing it...
Let's be honest. I enjoy reading others' blogs, so I decided to start my own. And no, if everyone was jumping off of a bridge, I wouldn't do it too.

1 comment:

  1. A blog I can understand!!! :-)

    Here is reason #5 for starting a blog:
    I am my boyfriend's house taking care of him after tonsil surgery and it is quite boring around here!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete